The House of Dies Drear
The House of Dies Drear Chapter 13 Summary
- Thomas and Mr. Small walk toward Mr. Pluto's house, taking the same journey Thomas took before. He pretends they are Tuscarora Indians, and that Mr. Small is the chief.
- As they move, he worries that they might be ambushed.
- It's dark and scary, and once Thomas falls down.
- They come upon Mr. Pluto's cave, all lit by torches.
- Mr. Pluto is walking back and forth, and Thomas is pretty sure he doesn't see them.
- Something about Pluto doesn't seem quite right to Thomas.
- Mr. Small calls out to Pluto and then Mr. Pluto disappears!
- Amazed, Thomas points out that Mr. Pluto did not look sick at all like he did in church.
- He looked strong, and he was even smoking a cigarette.
- Mr. Small opens the door to the cave, and he and Thomas enter.
- They find themselves in a tunnel.
- The cave has a rough ceiling, but other than that, the cave looks like a fairly normal room.
- Still, Thomas had never seen a room inside a cave.
- It seems that Mr. Pluto has disappeared, but Thomas is sure he's just hiding.
- He looks carefully around the room until he sees a rope hanging from the ceiling.
- Mr. Small sees it at the same time.
- He pulls it and the wall slides open, revealing something amazing (which you have to go to the next chapter to read about).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search