The House on Mango Street
The House on Mango Street Chapter 25 Summary
Geraldo No Last Name
- Marin meets a young, good-looking man named Geraldo at one of the dances she goes to frequently. She's the last person to see him alive.
- Geraldo dies in a hit-and-run, and he doesn't have any I.D. on him.
- Marin tells the people at the hospital and the police what she knows – that his name is Geraldo, and he worked in a restaurant. She spends hours in the emergency room trying to help, even though she barely knows the guy.
- Marin seems to be the only person to care about Geraldo's death. The surgeon doesn't even bother to come to the emergency room to save his life.
- No one knows about the tiny kitchenettes where Geraldo worked so he could send money home to his family. His family, the narrator speculates, will wonder what happened to him.