The House on Mango Street
by Sandra Cisneros
The House on Mango Street Chapter 25 Summary
Geraldo No Last Name
- Marin meets a young, good-looking man named Geraldo at one of the dances she goes to frequently. She's the last person to see him alive.
- Geraldo dies in a hit-and-run, and he doesn't have any I.D. on him.
- Marin tells the people at the hospital and the police what she knows – that his name is Geraldo, and he worked in a restaurant. She spends hours in the emergency room trying to help, even though she barely knows the guy.
- Marin seems to be the only person to care about Geraldo's death. The surgeon doesn't even bother to come to the emergency room to save his life.
- No one knows about the tiny kitchenettes where Geraldo worked so he could send money home to his family. His family, the narrator speculates, will wonder what happened to him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...