The House on Mango Street Chapter 33 Summary
Minerva Writes Poems
- Minerva is only a little bit older than Esperanza, but she has two kids. She raises them by herself, because her husband keeps leaving her.
- Minerva writes poetry on little slips of paper. She and Esperanza read each other's poems.
- One day Minerva kicks her husband out of the house with all of his stuff. But then she lets him back in.
- The next week Minerva comes over to Esperanza's house covered in bruises, asking Esperanza what she should do.
- Esperanza says there's nothing she can do – Minerva is going to have to decide for herself.