The House on Mango Street
The House on Mango Street Chapter 42 Summary
Alicia & I Talking on Edna's Steps
- Alicia listens to Esperanza as she expresses her sadness over not having a home of which she's proud.
- Alicia says that, like it or not, Esperanza is Mango Street, and that one day she'll return to it.
- Esperanza says she'll never return to Mango Street until someone makes it better.
- Alicia asks Esperanza who's going to make it better. The mayor?
- The thought of the mayor coming to Mango Street makes Esperanza laugh. She knows the mayor will never do anything to help the people of Mango Street.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search