Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching The House on Mango StreetTeacher Pass
Teaching The House on Mango StreetTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
The House on Mango Street
Questions1. How is the House on Mango Street different from the narrator's previous homes?
2. Why did they leave Loomis?
3. Describe the house on Mango Street.
4. Who embarrasses the narrator about where she lives?
Answers1. They own it, they don’t pay rent
2. The water pipes broke
3. Small, red, tight steps in front, small windows, crumbling brick, front door is swollen, no front yard, garage out back, stairs in the house that are ordinary
4. A nun
CORRESPONDING LEARNING GUIDE