Howards End Chapter 36 Summary
- Henry tries to interfere, since Margaret looks so upset, but she won't let him into the house. She openly disobeys him for the first time, and feels like this is a fight of women against men.
- The doctor then tries to intervene, saying that Helen might be having a nervous breakdown.
- Margaret turns away both of them, saying that she and Helen don't need them – her sister still has a long while before the baby's due.
- Margaret appeals to Henry, saying that it's all about love – she cares for Helen, and neither of them do.
- The men give in and depart; Henry is confused by all of this, and Margaret tells him she will meet him at Charles and Dolly's.
- Margaret goes back into the house, where she confronts Helen.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search