Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Chapter 34 Summary
- Tom and Huck figure out that Jim is being held in a hut near to the farmhouse. They debate over which plan would be best to steal him and escape.
- Huck's idea is fairly basic: steal Jim, leave on the raft.
- But Tom and his overdeveloped sense of adventure aren't satisfied. He wants to dig Jim out of the hut.
- So they head to the hut and meet Nat, one of the Phelps' slaves, who is incredibly superstitious (he's afraid of witches).
- The boys tell Jim to stay hopeful. Since doors are for suckers, they're going to dig him out.