Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Chapter 41 Summary
- Huck takes the canoe and finds the doctor and makes up a story: Tom got shot by his dream.
- The doctor, skeptical to say the least, agrees to go. Since there's only room for one person in the canoe, Huck has to stay behind and fret about things.
- He frets so much that he falls asleep. When he wakes up the next morning, he hightails it home and runs smack into Uncle Silas.
- Of course, he and Sally have been up all night scared about him and "Sid." He makes up a story that he and Sid were out hunting for the runaway slave.
- He goes home to find a group of women with Aunt Sally, all speculating about how crazy the runaway slave was, an opinion based on all the crazy stuff they found in his cabin (the work of Tom Sawyer, of course).
- Aunt Sally then remembers that she locked the boys in their room. But, in that case, how did they get out?
- Huck explains sheepishly that they went out the window, and Aunt Sally starts worrying all over again about where Sid could be.
- He feels guilty about making the poor woman sick with worry. He swears (to himself) to be good.
- You know, from now on.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search