Tom Sawyer Timeline and Summary
- Tom comes and rouses Huck out of bed at the Widow’s.
- He plays a prank on Jim along with Tom.
- He starts Tom Sawyer’s Gang along with Huck and several other boys.
- At Silas’s farm, Tom meets up with Huck Finn and thinks his friend is a ghost for about five minutes.
- Tom convinces Aunt Sally that he is Sid Sawyer.
- He concocts elaborate plans to free Jim that include snakes, rats, and other unpleasant creatures.
- Tom writes a letter to the Phelpses before the planned escape, warning them of said planned escape.
- He is, perhaps very rightly so, shot in the calf while helping Jim escape.
- He returns to the farm, beaming with pride at their escape.
- Tom informs everyone that Jim was free the whole time and gives him $40 for being such a good sport.
- He proposes to Huck that they go on some more adventures.