The Invention of Hugo Cabret
The Invention of Hugo Cabret Part 1, Chapter 10 Summary
- Hugo gets to the toyshop and gets, well, a rather unwelcoming welcome.
- The old man marches up to him and tells him to hand it over. It being something that neither Hugo nor we are aware of.
- The old man works himself into a frenzy and accuses poor Hugo of breaking into his house and stealing the notebook. Then he kicks him out of the toy booth.
- Um, dude, Hugo totally didn’t steal it. And that's when he sees her—Isabelle, standing behind the old man, holding the notebook.
- Clever Hugo asks if he can say goodbye to Isabelle, at the very least.
- All right, all right.
- Hugo gives Isabelle a big ol' bear hug and then runs away.