The Invention of Hugo Cabret
by Brian Selznick
The Invention of Hugo Cabret Part 1, Chapter 11 Summary
- Hugo makes his way back to the apartment and pulls out his buddy, the automaton. He’s fixed it up quite a bit, fixing the different parts and even sewing it a new outfit.
- In the middle of the man’s back is a heart-shaped hole. And Hugo has just the key to fit into it.
- Hugo’s hand holds Isabelle’s necklace. That hug wasn’t all about goodwill and friendship, then!
- Hugo looks over at the magic book that Etienne paid for. It taught him a lot of things, but mostly, it taught him a very important magic trick—how to get that necklace off of Isabelle without her even knowing it.
- Shoplifting, pickpocketing. This kiddo's quite the Artful Dodger.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...