When authors refer to other great works, people, and events, it’s usually not accidental. Put on your super-sleuth hat and figure out why.
- Thomas Wolfe (1.2, 10.7, 30.9)
- Thomas Wolfe, The Web and the Rock (1.2)
- Ernest Hemingway (8.9)
- F. Scott Fitzgerald (8.9)
- Tom Wolfe (not to be confused with Thomas Wolfe) (10.7)
- "The Invisible Man" (by G.K. Chesterton) (22.1)
- Edgar Allan Poe, "The Tell-Tale Heart" (22.16)
- Iwo Jima (World War II) (3.27)
- Mafia (25.12)
Pop Culture References
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...