I Am the Cheese Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Which characters in I Am the Cheese are real and which are imagined? Can we really be sure?
- Shakespeare's Juliet famously asked, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose,/ By any other name would smell as sweet." If you change your name, are you still the same person? Are Paul Delmonte and Adam Farmer one and the same?
- Who the stink is Brint? Is he good? Is he bad? Is he ugly?
- Could this story be told from the point of view of another character? How would it be different?
- This is heavy, but would you want to continue living if you couldn't remember who you were?
- Which narrative point of view is most compelling in this story: first person present, third person past, or the transcript?
- Think about the people you interact with the most. What are their most prominent characteristics? How might they treat you on a journey through your own mind?
- How would this story be different if Adam had been walking, or on a train, instead of on a bike?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...