I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings Chapter 20 Summary
- Who doesn't love a picnic? Well, Maya, that's who.
- It's the biggest event of the year, and everyone who's anyone in the black part of Stamps is there. But Maya, since she is still a total nerd, would rather be reading than enjoying the picnic.
- When she needs to pee (how many times does she pee in this novel?), Maya goes somewhere to be alone.
- Louise Kendricks, a girl from Maya's school, stumbles into Maya's alone-space. Awkward.
- At first, Maya wants her to leave, but after they play together, Louise becomes Maya's first friend. Friend!
- When Maya is in seventh grade, she receives a Valentine's letter from Tommy (ooh la la). After talking about it with Louise, she rips up the letter. Tommy tries again, but nothing ever comes of it except some awkward giggling.