I measure every Grief I meet
I measure every Grief I meet Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What is the speaker's relationship to grief? What is her relationship to sad people that she meets? Is she the same as them? Different from them?
- Why might the speaker "measure" every grief she meets? Does she get anything out of doing it?
- Why does the speaker discuss multiple kinds of grief? Are they any different? If so, how so?
- Does the poem offer any potential cure for grief? If so, what is it?
- What is the role of religion in the poem? Does the poem suggest that religion, devotion or spirituality can be a cure for sadness? How so?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...