The Iceman Cometh
Cite This Page
Harry Hope Timeline and Summary
- Harry sleeps off his hangover, and then anxiously awaits the arrival of Hickey who is coming to celebrate Harry’s birthday.
- Put off by Hickey, Harry yells and complains about his party, only to quickly say he’s only kidding and that he’s real thankful for everyone being there.
- The birthday toast makes Harry cry.
- Despite his looming fear, Harry ventures outside for the first time in twenty years.
- Minutes later, Harry returns, saying he almost got run over by a car.
- Blaming Hickey, Harry claims the booze has been tampered with and can’t get him drunk anymore.
- After it comes out that Hickey killed his wife, Harry realizes life can go back to the way it was.
- Harry leads the group in a celebration at the end of the play.