If I Ran the Zoo
by Dr. Seuss
If I Ran the Zoo Stanzas 1 – 4 Summary
- A boy named McGrew spots the owner of the zoo. (Rhyming is easy when you pick the names of your characters!)
- The zookeeper seems rather proud of his zoo, with his hands in his pockets all nonchalant and that smile on his face. But…
- If McGrew ran the zoo, he'd make a few teeny-tiny change-a-roos. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my, they are out of fashion. Time to get some animals that are a little more hip.
- McGrew opens the cages to bid the animals a fine farewell. Seriously, the animals just walk out.
- We're pretty sure this violates some zookeeper code or public safety law—not that we're the experts or anything.