Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. Who is the poet praying to and what does he want to know?
2. What does Chryses want from Agamemnon?
3. Who was the plague caused by and why?
4. What does Agamemnon want to take from Achilles?
5. What does Achilles ask his mother to do?
Answers1. He is praying to the Muse. He wants to know about the rage of the Achilles and how it hurt the Achaeans.
2. He wants Agamemnon to return his daughter.
3. The plague was caused by Apollo because Agamemnon refused to return Chryses's daughter.
4. Agamemnon wants to take Achilles's woman Briseis.
5. He asks his mother, a sea goddess named Thetis, to talk to Zeus and have the Achaeans do poorly in battle, so they realize how valuable Achilles's help was.