Cecily Cardew Timeline and Summary
- Cecily waters the roses.
- Cecily discovers that Miss Prism wrote a three-volume novel.
- Cecily lies that Miss Prism has a headache to get out of doing her German lesson. As a result, Miss Prism and Dr. Chasuble (who are crushing on each other) go on a walk together.
- Cecily meets Ernest, who is really Algernon in disguise.
- Cecily flirts with Ernest and promises to reform him.
- Cecily invites Ernest in for dinner.
- Cecily reconciles Uncle Jack with "Ernest."
- Cecily comes back out to water the roses and ends up spending more quality time with Ernest.
- Cecily reveals her and Ernest’s love letters and engagement, which she has recorded in her diary for the past few months.
- Cecily reveals how much she loves the name Ernest.
- Cecily meets Gwendolen.
- Cecily and Gwendolen insult each other over tea once they’ve learned that they’re both engaged to Ernest Worthing.
- Cecily and Gwendolen learn the truth from the boys—that there is no Ernest.
- Cecily and Gwendolen retire into the house to fume at the boys.
- Cecily and Gwendolen forgive the boys once they learn why they lied.
- Cecily is pronounced a worthy fiancée for Algernon by Lady Bracknell.
- Cecily and Algernon hug joyously, knowing they can finally get married.