Miss Laetitia Prism Timeline and Summary
- Miss Prism calls Cecily to her German lesson.
- Miss Prism reveals that she wrote a three-volume novel in her youth.
- Miss Prism is convinced by Cecily to go on a walk with Dr. Chasuble.
- On their walk, Miss Prism tries to convince Dr. Chasuble that marriage is good—even for a clergyman vowed to celibacy. It’s obvious they’re in love.
- Jack returns early to announce the death of his brother, Ernest.
- Miss Prism and Dr. Chasuble grieve and give their condolences to Jack.
- Miss Prism praises Cecily for reconciling Jack and Ernest.
- Tired of waiting for Dr. Chasuble in the church vestry, Miss Prism comes to the Manor House, only to find an old nemesis—Lady Bracknell—waiting for her.
- Miss Prism shamefacedly admits to her crime of neglecting the Moncrieffs’ child in his perambulator so many years ago.
- When Jack brings down his handbag, Miss Prism affirms that it is hers.
- Miss Prism indignantly denies that she is Jack’s mother and points him to Lady Bracknell to find out who is really is.
- Miss Prism flies into Dr. Chasuble’s arms. They’re going to get married.