Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
Cite This Page
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Chapter 15 Summary Page 1
- Dr. Flint gloats about how much money he's going to make when he sells off Linda's kids.
- But he's still not interested in selling her. One day, Linda’s friends convince a slaveholder to offer to buy Linda and her family. (It's a little murky, but it seems like he's just acting as an agent for them?)
- Dr. Flint refuses, of course, and then throws her son Benny across the room. Benny's okay, but he's passed out for so long that Linda thinks he's dead.
- She's not sure if she's happy when he wakes up.
- The reign of terror continues.
- Finally, Dr. Flint tells Linda that she can either be his mistress or go to his son’s plantation, with—we think?—the implication that she's not going to be treated very well.
- Linda is like, "Sweet! Let me pack my bags."