Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Chapter 18 Summary
Months of Peril
- Linda hides out with her friend and sends messages to her family when she can.
- An old white friend of Aunt Martha’s offers to take Linda in and hide her.
- Linda gets a message that she should leave her friend’s house and go to a designated spot, where someone will be waiting to take her to her new home.
- This is all very Mission: Impossible, only a little lower-budget.
- Following these instructions, Linda sees her friend Betty at the meeting-spot. Betty takes her to the home of the white lady she works for and hides her in an old storage room.
- Dr. Flint tries a lot of different strategies to smoke her out.
- First, he throws William and Benny into jail.
- Then, he tells Aunt Martha that he knows where Linda is, thinking that Aunt Martha will give something away.
- She doesn't.
- Finally, Dr. Flint heads to New York to try to find her.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search