Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
by Harriet Jacobs
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Chapter 19 Summary
The Children Sold
- No luck. Dr. Flint returns from New York empty-handed. Well, duh, she's hiding right down the road.
- Mr. Sands (quick refresher: this is the father of Linda's kids) sends an agent to buy Linda’s children and her brother.
- Eventually, Dr. Flint agrees—but only because he doesn't know who he's really selling to.
- Mr. Sands now owns Ellen, Benny, and William, who are all really stoked. Well, as much as they can be, since they're still human property.
- Dr. Flint finds out that Mr. Sands owns the children and flips out. Now he's never going to sell Linda.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...