Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
by Harriet Jacobs
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Chapter 20 Summary
- Trying a new tactic, Dr. Flint has Uncle Phillip arrested and jailed. Bet he's sorry he came back South now.
- Even after Phillip is eventually released, Dr. Flint stakes out Aunt Martha’s house.
- Time for a new hiding place.
- Linda dresses up in a sailor's uniform and leaves Betty's house. A guy named Peter rows her out to the really ominously named Snaky Swamp, where Linda hides out for the night.
- The swamp, as you might suspect, is full of snakes.
- The next morning, only slightly traumatized, Linda heads to her new hiding spot.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...