Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Chapter 23 Summary
- Months pass. Linda freezes in the winter and soaks during the spring.
- During the second winter, a long illness almost kills her. Her brother William manages to get medicine from a doctor by pretending that her symptoms are his.
- She also sees her son covered in blood from a dog bite. He's fine, but it's a long time before he can walk.
- Mrs. Flint shows off her Christian charity by gloating and wishing that Benny had actually died.
- Meanwhile, Aunt Martha is very sick, too. She recovers, but it's close.
- This chapter is pretty grim.