Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
by Harriet Jacobs
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Chapter 30 Summary
- Linda makes it to the boat.
- The captain turns out to be a kind southerner who opposes slavery, but Linda—understandably—has a hard time trusting him.
- Ten days after boarding the boat, they approach Philadelphia.
- Together, Linda and Fanny watch the sunrise on free soil. Their eyes are moist with tears.
- We're feeling a little sniffly ourselves.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...