Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
by Harriet Jacobs
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Chapter 33 Summary
A Home Found
- Linda becomes a nursemaid for an English woman named Mrs. Bruce.
- When Linda’s limbs become swollen from walking up and down the stairs taking care of the baby, Mrs. Bruce gets her a doctor and lightens her work load.
- Since the Hobbses are not clothing Ellen, Linda uses her wages to buy Ellen clothes.
- Mrs. Bruce is a really nice lady, and Linda is almost happy. She loves Mrs. Bruce's little baby, because it reminds her of her own little ones.
- One day, looking out the window, Linda sees a handsome young sailor out the window. It's totally her brother!
- She runs downstairs, and they hug and laugh and cry.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...