Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
Cite This Page
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Chapter 36 Summary Page 1
The Hairbreadth Escape
- Ellen finds out that Mrs. Hobbs’s brother, Mr. Thorpe, has told Dr. Flint where Linda is living.
- Linda finally tells Mrs. Bruce that she is a fugitive slave, and that Dr. Flint will be coming after her.
- Mrs. Bruce contacts her lawyer, who arranges to take Linda, Ellen, and William to Boston.
- Ellen is only allowed to go because Mrs. Hobbs feels a little guilty that her brother is such a meanie.
- In Boston, Linda and Ellen reunite with Benny.
- Linda stays in Boston all winter, teaching Ellen to read and write.
- They have a few months of domestic happiness.