Cite This Page
- If you were in Tris's shoes, who would you choose to align yourself with: Tobias, Marcus or someone else entirely?
- We wondered if Tris was a reliable narrator in the last book. What about in this one? Is she more or less reliable than she was before? Does she have a better grasp of what's happening around her, or is her situation even more out of control?
- Does Tris really love Tobias? Does he love her?
- What is the significance of the title? Is Tris the only character who can be labeled an "insurgent"?
- Is the faction system inherently flawed? Will things be better or worse now that it has been abolished? How would you improve the city?
- How do the characters from Divergent grow and change during the events of Insurgent?
- Who would you label as the antagonist of the book?
- What do you think was Jeanine's ultimate goal? Does she actually have the city's best interests at the center of her cold, black heart? What about Evelyn? Marcus?
- Edith Prior suggests that the world is in turmoil outside of the fence. What do you think is going on out there?
- Does Insurgent tell a complete story? Would you understand what is going on without having read Divergent? Is the whole book just a set-up for Allegiant?
- What will happen in the finale to the trilogy, Allegiant? (No reading ahead!)