The Invisible Man
Cite This Page
The Invisible Man Chapter 24 Summary Page 1
The Plan that Failed
- Kemp sees some people coming up the hill to his house, so he tries to keep Griffin talking.
- Griffin says he had planned to go someplace warm, like South America, where he wouldn't have to wear clothes (at least not during spring break).
- But since he met Kemp, he's changed his plans. Griffin now realizes how little one person can do on his own.
- Invisibility is especially useful for killing people, so Griffin plans to establish a new Reign of Terror (24.28) – with Kemp's help, of course.
- First, though, he needs to get his books back from Marvel, who is locked up at the jail for his own safety.
- Suddenly, Griffin hears some people sneaking up in the house, and he realizes that Kemp has betrayed him.
- Sad and angry, Griffin takes off his clothes. (What? Is that not what you do when you're sad and angry?)
- Kemp tries to capture Griffin with the help of the three men, including Colonel Adye, the police captain who got Kemp's letter in Chapter 18. (So it wasn't a love letter after all.)
- Griffin pushes past them (with as much violence as he can) and escapes.