The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man Epilogue Summary
- (Wells added this epilogue to the American edition, and it wasn't in the original magazine version.)
- In the epilogue, we meet a man who owns an inn/bar in Port Stowe called "The Invisible Man." Turns out the bar owner is Marvel.
- After the Invisible Man was killed, they couldn't prove whose money Marvel had, so Marvel got to keep it. He also got some money for doing a one-man show to tell about his experience with the Invisible Man.
- Apparently, Kemp has been looking for Griffin's books, but Marvel tells people that he doesn't have them.
- Lies! In fact, Marvel does have the books, and he looks at them sometime, though he can't figure out what Griffin wrote.
- Marvel thinks sometimes about what he would do if he were invisible...
- The book ends with the idea that those scientific notes hold "the subtle secret of invisibility and a dozen other strange secrets" (Epilogue.11). Sequel, anyone?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...