An Irish Airman Foresees His Death
by W.B. Yeats
An Irish Airman Foresees His Death Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why did the speaker join the military, really? How do you know?
- Is the speaker heroic in your opinion? Why or why not?
- What emotions do you find in this poem, if any? What words help to convey them?
- Why does Yeats mention the name of some obscure Irish barony two times?
- How does this poem stack up against the other war poems you've read?