Island of the Blue Dolphins
by Scott O'Dell
Rontu Timeline and Summary
- Wild dogs run around the island after the killings by the Aleuts.
- The pack kills Ramo.
- Karana follows the pack to their cave. That night, she promises to kill them.
- The wild dogs hang out outside of Karana's new house on the headland.
- Karana sets a brush fire outside of the wild dogs' cave.
- Karana shoots the leader in the chest with an arrow. She then finds the wounded leader and nurses him back to health.
- Karana names the leader "Rontu."
- Rontu faces his former dog pack, and wins.
- Rontu gets attacked by the devilfish.
- Rontu walks the cliffs with Karana.
- When the Aleuts return to town, Rontu meets up with his former owner, Tutok.
- Rontu dies.