The Jackson Era
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching The Jacksonian EraTeacher Pass
Teaching The Jacksonian Era Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- Was Andrew Jackson good for American politics? How did he change the political process for the better and for the worse?
- What examples of Jackson’s political legacy can we identify in contemporary politics?
- Why did Jackson win the election of 1828?
- Was his victory rooted in ideology? Economics? Geography?
- Are American politics more civil today?