Assignments & Activities
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching Jamestown & Early Colonial Virginia Teacher Pass
Teaching Jamestown & Early Colonial Virginia Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Assignments & Activities
Writing Activity: Rebutting Nathaniel Bacon's Declaration in the Name of the People
In this writing exercise, your students will assume the persona of Virginia governor Lord Berkeley to write a response to Nathaniel Bacon's Declaration in the Name of the People.Review with your students the events leading to ...
Document Activity: John Smith's Pocahontas
1. Review with your students the legend of Pocahontas and the diplomatic value she held for the English settlers. In particular, ask your students to consider her initial importance as a liaison to the Indians and later as proof of the messianic s...