Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching Jane EyreTeacher Pass
Teaching Jane EyreTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Volume 1, Chapter 1
Questions1. With whom does Jane live?
2. Where is Jane hiding at the beginning of the chapter?
3. What does John do to Jane?
4. Why doesn't John like Jane?
5. How does Mrs. Reed punish Jane?
Answers1. She lives with her aunt, Mrs. Reed, and cousins (Eliza, John, and Georgiana).
2. She's sitting on a window seat, hiding behind a red curtain.
3. He slaps her, takes her book, and then throws it at her.
4. Because Jane is a poor orphan who lives on the charity of the Reed family
5. She has Jane locked in the "red room."