The Jefferson Presidency
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching Jefferson's Revolution of 1800Teacher Pass
Teaching Jefferson's Revolution of 1800 Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- How suited would a philosopher be to serve as president?
- What are the best qualifications or background for a person seeking the office?
- What were Jefferson's most significant achievements prior to being elected president?
- Would these get him elected today?
- If he ran today, what would his opponent emphasize while campaigning against him?
- Did the country need a "re-revolution" in 1800?
- How accurate was Jefferson's assessment of the state of affairs?