Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Cite This Page
Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Chapter 5 Summary Page 1
- Mr. Utterson goes to visit Dr. Jekyll, who looks extremely sick.
- Mr. Utterson asks if Dr. Jekyll is harboring Mr. Hyde, and Dr. Jekyll swears that he will never see or contact Mr. Hyde again.
- Dr. Jekyll gives Mr. Utterson a letter written by Mr. Hyde.
- Mr. Utterson shares it with his head clerk, Mr. Guest, who just happens to be a handwriting expert.
- A messenger happens to deliver an invitation written by Dr. Jekyll.
- Mr. Guest declares that the two pieces of writing were written by the same hand.
- Mr. Utterson goes to bed very disturbed, convinced that Dr. Jekyll forged the letter from Mr. Hyde.