Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Chapter 9 Summary
- Dr. Lanyon receives a letter from Dr. Jekyll, asking him, in the name of their long and esteemed friendship, to perform a complicated favor.
- The favor involves breaking and entering into Dr. Jekyll’s laboratory and giving some potions to a messenger that will arrive at Dr. Lanyon’s house at midnight.
- Dr. Lanyon does as the letter requests.
- Mr. Hyde shows up eager to take the chemicals. He’s wearing clothes that are much too big for him.
- He takes the chemicals and transforms into Dr. Henry Jekyll.
- This is quite a disturbing sight, especially for a man of science such as Dr. Lanyon.