The Jew of Malta
The Jew of Malta Act 3, Scene 1 Summary
- Enter Bellamira, the local prostitute.She's upset because ever since the Turks started threatening Malta, business has been slow.
- People evidently don't feel too frisky when they're under threat of attack.
- Her pimp, Pilia-Borza (which is a pimp-sounding name, no?) comes in and shows her a bag of silver, which he says he stole from Barabas's house.
- Looks like Barabas is back in business, and they're going to figure out a way to get at his money.
- They spot Ithamore and hide the silver.
- Ithamore glimpses Bellamira, and is immediately stuck by her extreme hotness.
- But he's admirably goal-oriented, so he continues on todeliver the faked letter and trick Lodowick and Mathias into killing each other.