The Jew of Malta
The Jew of Malta Act 3, Scene 2 Summary
- Mathias and Lodowick, who have by now both been tricked by Barabas and Ithamore into setting up a duel, meet in the street.
- Barabas looks on from above, cheering for them both in turn.
- Both guys fall dead.Renaissance-era literary duelists have a knack for managing to kill each other in perfect synchronization.
- Barabas sneaks away, and Ferneze and Katharine rush out of one of the nearby buildings.
- After going through the back-and-forth of Your Son Killed My Son! No, Your Son Killed My Son!, the two wonder how the two men, who had previously been really tight, became such terrible enemies.
- They leave the scene with the bodies of their sons, agreeing to find out what turned Lodowick and Mathias against each other.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search