The Jew of Malta
Cite This Page
The Jew of Malta Act 3, Scene 2 Summary Page 1
- Mathias and Lodowick, who have by now both been tricked by Barabas and Ithamore into setting up a duel, meet in the street.
- Barabas looks on from above, cheering for them both in turn.
- Both guys fall dead.Renaissance-era literary duelists have a knack for managing to kill each other in perfect synchronization.
- Barabas sneaks away, and Ferneze and Katharine rush out of one of the nearby buildings.
- After going through the back-and-forth of Your Son Killed My Son! No, Your Son Killed My Son!, the two wonder how the two men, who had previously been really tight, became such terrible enemies.
- They leave the scene with the bodies of their sons, agreeing to find out what turned Lodowick and Mathias against each other.