The Jew of Malta
by Christopher Marlowe
The Jew of Malta Act 3, Scene 5 Summary
- Ferneze, his Maltese posse, and Bosco (the Spanish navy guy who's going to save Malta's bacon) are having a powwow with Callapine and his Turkish posse.
- Most awkward garden party ever.
- Ferneze's time is out, and Callapine is looking for him to pay up on the deal they made in Act 1, Scene 2.
- Ferneze doesn't beat around the bush. He tells Callapine that they'd rather set their city on fire than give the Turks money.
- Don't worry, buddy, you won't have to—Callapine and his Turkish army are more than willing to do the heavy lifting on your Raze the Walls of Malta plan.
- They both seem happy with this state of affairs, and bid each other goodbye.
- Ferneze gets to work on locking down Malta against the imminent Turkish assault.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...