The Jew of Malta Act 5, Scene 3 Summary
- Calymath is surveying the battered remains of Malta. One siege and occupation later, and Malta's in pretty bad shape.
- A messenger comes to Calymath to tell him that Barabas has invited him to a parting feast before Calymath sails off the next morning.
- Barabas has claimed to have a huge pearl, worth so much money that he can afford to feed the entire Turkish army that night.
- Calymath thinks this is super nice and agrees. Sucker.
- The troops will feast in the monastery while Calymath will dine in Barabas's own house.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...