Julie of the Wolves
Cite This Page
Julie of the Wolves Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why is this novel called Julie of the Wolves and not Miyax of the Wolves?
- What do the wolves mean to Miyax? Based on what we know from the book, what do you think wolves might mean to Eskimo culture?
- Do you think Miyax was brave or just plain stupid to venture out onto the tundra all by herself?
- Will Miyax will ever be able to strike the right balance between civilization and the wild? Is such a balance even possible?
- Why do you think Miyax chooses to become Julie again at the end of the novel? And what's the deal with the two names, anyway? What do they represent to Miyax?
- What is the scariest thing Miyax comes across on her journey? How does she overcome it?
- Did you learn anything about Eskimo culture from Julie of the Wolves? Or did you learn anything about the tundra? What, specifically?
- Could this novel have taken place anywhere else other than the cold, cold (did we mention cold?) tundra? Where? How would it be different?