Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching King LearTeacher Pass
Teaching King LearTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Act 1, Scene 1
Questions1. What do we learn about Edmund's birth?
2. What does Lear ask his daughters to declare?
3. What are the names of Lear's daughters?
4. What does Lear do when Cordelia responds to his question?
5. What does Kent say to Lear in response to what Lear has done to Cordelia?
Answers1. He was born out of wedlock.
2. He asks them to declare how much they love him.
3. Goneril, Regan, and Cordelia
4. He disinherits her.
5. He says that Cordelia actually loves Lear the most of his three daughters; Lear's making a big mistake.
CORRESPONDING LEARNING GUIDE