Cite This Page
The Fool Timeline and Summary
- 1.4 The Fool mocks Lear for giving up all his land to his daughters.
- 1.5 The Fool tells jokes to distract Lear from his horrible confrontation with Goneril.
- 2.2 The Fool shows up with Lear at Gloucester's house. When Lear rushes out of the house after his showdown with Goneril and Regan, the Fool follows him.
- 3.2 Out in the storm with Lear, who is shouting at the heavens about his ungrateful daughters, the Fool tries to convince the crazy man to go inside.
- 3.4 The Fool enters the cave and discovers Poor Tom inside. As Lear goes increasingly crazy, the Fool tries to calm him down.
- 3.6 The Fool participates in Lear's mock trial of his daughters. His final line in the play, mysteriously, is, "And I'll go to bed at noon" (3.6.82). Your guess is as good as ours.