King of the Bingo Game
by Ralph Ellison
Protagonist Timeline and Summary
- The protagonist waits for the bingo game to begin.
- He plays the game with five cards.
- He wins bingo and is invited up to the stage for a chance to win the jackpot.
- Once on stage, the protagonist is told to press a button connected to a spinning wheel.
- Once he presses the button, he finds he cannot stop.
- Eventually, policemen arrive and forcibly remove the button from his hands.
- The wheel stops at double zero and the protagonist is happy.
- Unfortunately, the curtain descends on stage and he is stunned by a blow to the head.