The Kite Runner Chapter 15 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Amir lands in Peshawar. The city reminds him of Kabul – the taxi driver tells Amir that many of his fellow Afghans have ended up in a section of the city called "Afghan Town." The driver drops Amir off at Rahim Khan's building. Rahim Khan doesn't look so good.
- For the rest of the chapter, Amir and Rahim Khan talk about Afghanistan, the past, and Amir's life in America. Here's what they cover: Amir's marriage to Soraya Taheri, Baba, and Amir's education and writing.
- The conversation turns to the Taliban and Afghanistan. It sounds like Kabul turned into a war zone between 1992 and 1996 and so when the Taliban took over, the people welcomed them. Rahim Khan tells this Taliban story: in 1998, a Taliban official smacked Rahim Khan in the forehead for cheering too loudly at a soccer match.
- Amir learns Rahim Khan is dying. (But most readers will have figured this out already.)
- Rahim Khan brings up Hassan. He tells Amir: "I brought you here because I am going to ask something of you. [...]. But before I do, I want to tell you about Hassan" (15.54).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...