The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale
by Geoffrey Chaucer
The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Do you admire Palamon and Arcite for sacrificing everything, including their friendship, to pursue Emily? Or, like Theseus, do you think it's sort of stupid?
- Are Palamon and Arcite two different characters, or the same character in two different bodies?
- Did you find yourself rooting for either Team Palamon or Team Arcite? Why or why not?
- Why is Emily the only character whose prayer to the gods is not granted? (It's not even considered!)
- Find a song whose lyrics sum up what Palamon and Arcite say they feel for Emily. Now find one whose lyrics sum up what they say they feel if they can't have Emily.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...