Lady Chatterley's Lover
by D.H. Lawrence
Oliver Mellors Timeline and Summary
- Mellors shows up out of nowhere in the woods and meets Connie.
- He and Connie don't get along at first, and he seems really irritated that she's intruding on his private moments with his chickens. Seriously.
- When he sees Connie crying about those chickens, he's so moved that he has sex with her immediately.
- Mellors is so good at sex that he makes Connie fall in love with him against her will—but it backfires when she starts talking about packing up the U-Haul and moving in with him.
- While Connie is spending the night, Mellors spews some vitriol about women and modernity.
- Connie heads off to Venice, and Mellors's estranged wife Bertha shows up to smear his name all over town.
- Clifford fires Mellors, and he heads off to learn to milk cows and tend goats. He writes awesome letters to Connie, and they wait for his divorce to go through.